We remain an advocate for you!
We know you have the right to choose and CPC continues to offer help, compassion and support for women after the abortion as well. We have found that women often need a place for support and care where there are no ties to the abortion or abortion procedure. A safe place to talk, and work through their feelings and experience.
Initially the choice for abortion may provide relief; it has been a hard decision and now it's over and done, and you feel relief. However, you may experience what many women have faced days, months and years after their abortion. Many women carry an incredible burden, while wearing smiles on their faces. You may, as others do, struggle for years with repressed memories, guilt, shame, and depression. Most women feel they are not allowed to, or shouldn't talk about their abortion experience because it was their "choice".
Don't accept that line of thinking...
Consider what others have said...
- Telling anyone about my abortion is pointless. They just wouldn't understand
- I cannot remember the details of my abortion.
- The things I used to love doing no longer interest me
- Feeling angry and irritable is normal for me now
- Close relationships are a struggle
- Using alcohol drugs or prescription medications happens once per week or more for me
- I find that I am repeating the same mistakes in my life
- I avoid people, places and things that remind me of my abortion
If you are struggling in any way, after your abortion, there is a caring Abortion Recovery Counselor ready to help you. Many of these counselors have been through abortion themselves and have worked through their issues. They understand what you may be feeling. They are caring, specially trained counselors ready to listen, and help you on your journey to full recovery. All Abortion Recovery Services are Free & Confidential.